South African Airways achieved its best on-time record in a decade last month, the firm has announced.According to head of Australasia for the airline Thevan Krishna, last month saw the airline get 87.27 per cent of all domestic and international flights away on time. This is the best result for the carrier since 1999, when 88 per cent of flights left on time in one month.
“It proves that with a concerted effort and all our operational functions working closely together, we can continue to achieve outstanding outcomes like this, a great sign for the future,” they said.
The news could be of interest to those looking at cheap flights to South Africa this year.
The hosting of the World Cup in the nation has helped raise its profile as a holiday spot and visitors may want to experience a real taste of the country on activities such as safari days.
Other related news...
- Escaped Tiger “Panjo” Returns Home Safely – South Africa posted on 29 July 2010
- Go “Braaivleis” in South Africa this summer “Dop en Tjop” is on! posted on 10 August 2010
- The Johannesburg Zoo South Africa posted on 04 August 2010
- 5 Reasons for Going to South Africa posted on 02 August 2010
- Big Plans Small Suit Case – South Africa Packing Advice posted on 09 August 2010
- The Blooming Bloemfontein South Africa posted on 03 August 2010