The number of airline passengers arriving on domestic flights to Cape Town in October was 30,7496 a record for any month and a clear indication that South Africans are travelling again.The October figure was marginally higher that the best ever figure for December. It followed a good September when the number of arrivals was also a record for the month.
However, the number of passengers arriving on international flights was down to 49,224 the lowest figure. At the height of the holiday season in December and January, international arrivals usually number between 75,000 and 80,000.
Other related news...
- South African Airways achieves best flight time record posted on 12 August 2010
- Qantas and South African Airways can increase code sharing flights posted on 09 September 2010
- South African Airways and American Express to offer cheap flights to Johannesburg posted on 24 August 2010
- A key UK tour operator is offering new South African tours posted on 07 September 2010
- Increase in Flights to South Africa with Lufthansa Airline posted on 15 November 2010
- Rwand Air asked to renew codeshare with South African Express posted on 13 September 2010